Monday, July 23, 2012

Shoe Closet under $100

Do you have a small closet you don't know what to do with?  Or need more room for shoes (hey, who doesn't?)...I decided to turn one of my small closets into a shoe closet and I'm loving the results.


The closet is standard two feet deep with a rod and shelf up top, I had four two tier shoe racks that I bought for $20 each.  Instead of going up and wasting space with the racks I decided to place two racks in the back and two in the front.  It would be easier if they were shelves and a bit taller to grab the mate but this works fine for me!



For the boots I was having a hard time finding a way to keep the form, the accessories for boots were expensive - I could have put them in clear boxes or added forms to each of them.  Instead I used skirt hangers I found at Target (the soft kind work better) for about $10!  For some I placed one shoe on each clip, for others I did a pair per clip.  Love how it keeps the shape and I get to use the bar I didn't want to remove.



Total cost: $90

No comments:

Post a Comment